Drove to the Gaffney outlets and ended up only buying some socks. Granted, I needed new athletic socks, but I was hoping to get a new pair of shoes for Crossfit, too. Oops.
It’s been a rainy and shitty Saturday, so I spent the night at home (after making dumplings with Raj) and headed to The Lofts’ gym(s).
Heavy back squat:
- 1-1-1-1-1-1 // 265# — For the squat cycle. I haven’t been doing these heavy singles, but these were okay. The floor in the Crossfit gym at The Lofts isn’t terribly level, which doesn’t help. Nor does having super sore traps — it was really uncomfortable to have the bar resting on them. Ended up going down to 245# for the last two singles. I had to bail on 265# twice because I simply got stuck at the bottom of the squat. Blurgh.
GHD sit ups:
And then…I did the upper body workout Will wrote up for me. Because suns. And guns.
- Push ups: 5x25, 3 minute rest between sets — Ouch. This is, by far, the most push ups I’ve ever done in one work out. I could not. Actually could not.
- Pull ups: 5x8, 3 minute rest between sets
- Ring rows: 3x8, 2 minute rest between sets
- Strict press: 3x8 (65#) — Shoulders were totally just burning by this point. Really had to work to keep my form in check.
- DB complex, 3 sets, 2 minute rest after completing the complex: 8 lateral raises / 8 front raises / 8 shoulder presses (12#)
- DB complex, 3 sets, 30 sec rest between each movement: 8 triceps kickback / 8 hammer curls (20#)
Yep. Upper body totaled. Not ready to wake up to the soreness which I feel already creeping in. Which is probably why I’m still awake looking at new Crossfit shoes.